Monday, August 27, 2007

What If ...??

People always say life is all about making the right choices but tend to forget that some of the most important decisions in life are taken accidentally. Decisions that may have been taken from the heart and in a moment of passion but yes the ones that would suffocate you for the rest of your life with a simple question "WHAT IF...??"

I guess that sounds as a great prelude to the interesting little write-up that follows...

I have sometimes been accused of being a very restrained person to start a conversation especially with strangers when I meet them in person. But the same people do testify to the fact that I am a completely different person when I get to know them better.Probably there is a hint of introvertness to it but I really don't admit to that fact as my conversations are very candid when I am not talking to a stranger face-to-face.

I believe I am a bit sceptical about being very frank and am afraid that some people might not respond to it in kind at the first instance. Probably that is one of the reasons I take time to open up fast.

Don't know how many of you have seen the movie 'Before Sunrise'...starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. Had heard a lot about it, some of the views being very critical and in the negetive sense. So badly wanted to check out what it was all about and last night I happened to grab a copy of it and finally when I couldnt go out because of the rain decided to watch it.
Needless to say that I was inspired to write this article because I felt there was something in the movie that conveyed the true essence of a relationship...They are not made, they just happen and by the time you realise it ...either itz too late or itz a wait till eternity.

Well the movie is all about a chance encounter between two complete strangers on a train in a country alien to both of them and how this chance meet-up starts with a candid conversation and turns into a whole day they spend together and finally when itz time to say good-bye they realise that they should be together for the rest of their lives which is when it is too late and may be as an afterthought they decide to meet-up again knowing the fact the it would be very difficult on their part to keep the promise.

Not much of a storyline one would imagine and some people might even argue that it hinges on the borders of the impracticable but the movie does explore the intricacies of a delicate relationship. It kicks of in a light hearted manner and embodies itself into a strong and impeccable bond that the characters share towards the end. What I loved about the movie was the fact that as it draws to an end it asks you a question "WHAT IF ....??" which indicates a superb narration of a simple yet palpable storyline.

May be it is a personal opinion but I would recommend you to watch it if you believe in destiny and agree to the fact that life is full of surprises...!!!
This might seem a very personal post and I sincerely hope that it doesn't spend much time at the editing table as I do not often write them. But yes by the time you read this and I am probably in my complete senses I might have actually striked out the best parts considering them as too much information and the relevance the movie holds to the personal feedback. If it doesn't get past the editing knife then it would probably be upto the readers to draw their own conclusion about the connection but yes the movie did raise a few personal questions ...Most of them being
"WHAT IF ...??"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home