Saturday, September 23, 2006

Nostalgic Moments...

The call of the green pastures, the rustic charm of wet earth and the stark contrast from the hectic metro life is just too gud to resist...you wud agree with me if you have been born and brought up in the country side...
This was the feeling that filled my heart when I took a glance out of the AS2 coach of the Howrah bound Yesvantpur-Howrah express...Finally I was going home after a year and the thought itself is so tempting...!!
Random thoughts come into your mind...You get to meet your near and dear ones but then again there is a flipside to it as well...The excitement of meeting old friends doesnt last too long ...most of them are posted at different corners of the country and it is difficult for everyone to converge at the same time...Corporate life sucks in that sense...This is where I think you should be in college for as long as possible (best part of your life) ...but that is highly improbable given the fact that you cant expect your parents to sustain you for long...Got to earn some day...!!
Coming back to the topic...and thinking on Chetan Bhagat's lines you do expect gud company during your journey especially when you are travelling alone and
for a long distance...and you know what I mean by "Gud Company"...makes life a lot easier ...!!
But as my luck would have it...I rarely have that luxury and always end up with a happy family with a lot of kids ...who eventually find some sort of amusement in me...!!
But then what the heck when the only thing on your mind is to reach home safely and emotions are too strong to let other worldly attractions distract you...
Anyways hope to have a hell of a time at home with my 'Bro' joining in a weeks time and a whole family reunion on the cards after a long long time...
The mouth watering prospect of home made delicacies is too gud to resist...and I just love my 'Mom' for that (the best Cook in the World)
Note : This is my second post on travelling experiences (given the travel freak that I am and the rare opportunities that I get to travel)...and escapes the normal sarcasm that you would have come to expect from me...On the contrary there are a lot of emotions attached to it...!!
I would like to take a break from the usual interesting stuff and post a few articles in retrospect for a few days ...Please do bear with me (you may actually like them)...!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home