Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Flashback...

* "25 bochor hote cholche...Koto kore bolchi MBA ta kore ne...Aar kokhun korbi ekhun na korle ??" (Almost 25 yrs on...If U don't do ur MBA now when will U do it ??)...Can never explain to her that I love my job however demanding it is ...It pays me really well and I have earned it...Wat else do U want in life ??...Doing an MBA has fetched better matrimonial prospects if not better jobs at times...Thatz about it and she drives me nuts every time I call home...Have found a way to keep her at bay though..."Will do my MBA in time Mom...Peace !"

* "Oye ghumakkar...Kitna ghumta rehta hai ??...Tu kaam kab karta hai ??"...The travel bug has bit me bad and I have probably taken every opportunity that has come my way to get away from the hectic life...Not to mention a varied friend circle which has given me company every time there has been a long weekend coming...Photography turned rapidly from hobby to passion and am seriously considering it as a backup job...And if it helps to prove my dedication to work..."Humne raatein bhi guzari hain office mein !"

* "If U are watching this footage then I made it back from Heaven alive"...These were the exact words I could utter before my hands froze...One of the most memorable trips of my life...Walked through crumbling snow with a stick...Climbed heights I have never been to before without proper trek shoes...Braved the gusty winds to take frantic shots of snow capped peaks...Ski-ied with the most heaviest and over sized ski-boots I have ever seen...Camped out on New Year's eve at freezing temperatures on a bottle of 'Desi' whiskey and what not...The bottomline - "I did make it back alive to live another day !"

* "Dev D release huyi hai aaj aur tickets mil rahe hain Fun Cinemas mein abhi bhi yaar...Chalna hai kya 10 pm show tonite ??"...Yaar kaafi kaam bacha hua hai...Monday ko demo hai...Kaisa ho payega..."Kaam aake kar lenge yaar kal subah ya fir Sunday ko...Chalo chalo..." (10 minutes into the movie)..."Oh Shit ...Oh Shit !!"...Yaar reviews to achche the rediff pe...Par never knew the rating was given for attempting such a bold movie in mainstream cinema... Hats off to Anurag Kashyap and kudos to Abhay Deol...This would never have been possible without U guyz coming together...But I do feel for all those Unclez and Auntiez who came to watch the modern Devdas..."Pura Emotional Atyachaar !"

* "Yaar tune itni achchi bike li...Have never seen u with ur gurl ??"...Jiske liye liya tha usi ne saath nahi diya...Aur ismein galti kisiki nahi hai...Itz probably destiny..."Destiny ??...Tu in sab cheezon mein kabse vishwas karne laga ??...And btw wat really happened ??"...I never used to but life has itz own way of unfolding facts which probably I can never understand...'A man makes his own destiny' they say...Sometimes I sit and laugh at it...Kya kya nahi socha tha yaar...Bike to kuch bhi nahi hai un sab cheezon ke samne...Itz probably how we are and what we r made up of...U cn never manufacture a relationship..."Itz all written !"

* "Treat Treat Treat...!!"...Kahan chalein ??..."Kahin bhi...We r damn hungry !!"...A few bumps and congratulations later everyone settles down in their respective cubicles and surprisingly forget about the B'day Treat after munching on the delicious Kaju Katlis...'6 Ballygunge Place'...'Gufa'...'Bayleaf'...Never had a more diverse cuisine over 3 days...And for all the gud reasons a grand one is still pending..."25 Not Out and em staring at Quarter Life Crisis !"

P.S - Live for Today and Dream for Tomorrow...Life hardly gives a second Chance !...Back to blogging after a while...Hope I still make sense ! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger WHODUNIT? said...

U got this this thing really well..the blog thing...i enjoy reading it...and I had almost forgotten that I am a guest blogger in this too...

and one inexcusable thing...belated happy bday... :)

6:17 PM, March 03, 2009  
Blogger Shreya said...

A Treat to read !! nice article and well presented :)

4:21 PM, April 17, 2009  
Blogger S@M said...

@shreya : thnx a lot...keep visiting !! [:)]

12:29 AM, April 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home